- London, England - United Kingdom
- Job type
Your Impact:Here’s What You’ll Need:
To meet our growing UK business needs and future development aspirations, we currently have an opportunity for a GIS Developer within our Digital team, to be based at any of our office hub locations in the UK.
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity for a fantastic candidate to join the quickly growing Digital team here at Jacobs; responsible for driving new ways of working and product incubation across a range of varied sectors with a focus on Water and Environment. You will be part of our world class Digital Factory; a cross functional team of data scientists, developers, and geospatial experts driving new technologies and ways of working within the business.
- Knowledge of development using the ESRI ArcGIS Enterprise platform
- Experience in other ESRI APIs – python and REST
- Automation of Geospatial Processes
- Version control and code collaboration tools such as git/ GitHub.
- Awareness of emerging geospatial trends and technologies
- An appetite to solve problems in creative and versatile ways, working as part of a collaborative team at pace.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of a front-end framework (e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular2)
- Experience with alternative web mapping libraries: Mapbox, Leaflet, OpenLayers
- Experience of enterprise level spatial databases (i.e. SQL Server or PostgreSQL)
- Experience with a back-end web framework such as c# .Net/ Django, but other back-end framework experience is also beneficial.
- Automated testing experience (unit testing, e2e testing)
- Knowledge of cloud hosting e.g. Azure or AWS.
- Experience of using FME to automate workflows
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent. In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay, free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships.
We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team.