- Understand and share knowledge of WestJet’s product features and environments
- Understand and participate in the creation, implementation and ongoing evolution of WestJet’s design and development methodologies, coding standards and style guidelines
- Participate and deliver workshops, presentations, and training that provide skill and knowledge development for the team
- Provide support and coaching to junior and intern developers
- Plan, lead and track the technical aspects of software development sustainment streams
- Work with business stakeholders to define and prepare functional and design specifications of new features/products
- Provide accurate estimates for development effort, complexity and risk for software development sustainment streams
- Develop automated unit and integration tests for front-end code that define and validate feature/product requirements
- Develop robust, extensible, high-quality code that meet business, technical and quality requirements
- Work with quality assurance partners to assess the impact of code changes, to ensure the validation of requirements and to provide timely troubleshooting and fixes to software defects
- Work with operational partners to ensure the supportability of new features/products and to provide timely technical support and fixes to production applications
- Review and provide analysis for front-end code as well as automated tests
- Manage code and resolve conflicts with other development initiatives
- Document system components, related interfaces and provide input into preparing release notes
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in mobile web development and responsive web design
- Proficiency in web usability (UI/UX design)
- Proficiency in version control systems such as Subversion and Git
- Proficiency in code coverage tools such as Cobertura and Clover
- Proficiency in CSS boilerplate frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Proficiency in integrating preprocessors such as LESS and Sass
- Proficiency in RESTful web services using AJAX, JSON
- Proficiency in object-oriented software design, design patterns, security awareness and development best practices
- Proficiency in DevOps and agile development methods such as Lean, Scrum, Kanban
- Proficiency in development on Windows, Linux and/or MacOS
- Proficiency in IDE software such as VScode, Brackets, Atom
- Proficiency in build automation tools such as Jenkins and Azure DevOps Pipelines
- Proficiency in Java
- Proficiency in IDE software such as Eclipse and IntelliJ
- Proficiency in java application servers such as Tomcat and JBoss
- Proficiency in content management systems such as HP TeamSite and Adobe Experience Manager
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.
Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.
Creates high quality software solutions by developing browser-based web applications. Applies industry-standard processes, practices and techniques. Works closely with the development team and business stakeholders to develop appropriate guest focused applications that meet WestJet’s business, technical and quality requirements. Actively participates in enhancing existing software systems to ensure ongoing usability, performance and maintainability. This position requires an energetic self-starter with a strong work ethic and willingness to learn and contribute to a fast paced environment. Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with others are essential.
Key deliverables include:
Experience and qualifications:
Nice to Have:
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
About WestJet Group of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.
Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy.
As a federally regulated company, the WestJet group of companies is required to comply with all federal mandates. In order to be compliant with the recently-announced vaccination mandate, and to keep our guests/employees safe, all employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 as a condition of employment.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com.