- Implementing and enhancing microservices
- Reviewing and contributing to technical documentation
- Participating in code reviews
- Developing highly testable code, with automated tests which demonstrate success against acceptance criteria
- Experience implementing microservices using NodeJS with Nest.JS or similar
- Strong understanding of REST, GraphQL and asynchronous messaging
- Experience developing for scalable cloud applications with stateless services and distributed architecture
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Confident writing automated tests, including unit tests and integration tests
- Confident with version control systems including Git
- Familiarity with React.JS
- Experience implementing serverless functions, particularly using AWS Lambda
- Experience working with AWS services, ideally including Cloudformation
- Experience creating and enhancing queries for Elasticsearch
- Experience of Continuous Integration and Deployment advantageous
- Appreciation of DevOps principles
- Working knowledge of Docker or other container technologies
- Bonus scheme
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Nottingham, England - United Kingdom
At THRIVE, we build systems which help big organisations to encourage a positive culture of learning and continuing professional development.
As a Node/Microservices Developer, you’ll be focused on implementing scalable web services using modern coding methods and standards.
The successful candidate will be committed to delivering quality software with a strong understanding of the development practices that contribute to software quality, continuous integration, code and design review.
You’ll collaborate with a highly experienced technical team, working with and alongside members of the product team and microservice developers, as we implement and enhance our tools and services.
What we’re looking for
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£65,000.00 per year