- Learn to maintain the test framework for systems being tested on Windows and Linux
- Create software in support of testing and validation for a specific product line
- Design test cases for products
- Generate tickets and follow-up with defects tracked using a project management database (JIRA) in an agile environment
- Implement tools to reduce effort required in day to day verification tasks
- Assist with the setup and emulation of customer systems
- Create load/stress testing scripts, tools and processes
- Learn to review test script run results where the results show fails and investigate the fails to figure out the source of the errors and fix them
- Perform overall quality control of QA work (Peer reviews)
- This is a programming intensive job, so a requirement is to have excellent skills in writing software and good knowledge of their data structures and a willingness to learn new programming languages and techniques
- Prior experienced with QA test automation development
- Results oriented, self-motivated, able to do root cause analysis of an issue and a team player
- Knowledge of basic networking and ability to configure IP-based systems
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative that can improve existing processes
- A willingness to learn Linux and new skills
Evertz Microsystems Limited
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
As a part of the R&D department, you would be challenged with writing software to support the testing of IPTV software that incorporates the most advanced components and technology in the industry.
The successful candidate will build knowledge, experience and gain exposure to the automated testing of various systems. The individual selected should be self-motivated and enjoy a fast paced environment that places a very high emphasis on teamwork. The candidate must possess an ability to coordinate with peers while working both remotely and in-office.
Evertz Microsystems (TSX:ET) is a leading global manufacturer of broadcast equipment and solutions that deliver content to television sets, on-demand services, WebTV, IPTV, and mobile devices (like phones and tablets). Evertz has expertise in delivering complete end-to-end broadcast solutions for all aspects of broadcast production including content creation, content distribution and content delivery.
Considered as an innovator by their customers, Evertz delivers cutting edge solutions that are unmatched in the industry in both hardware and software. Evertz delivers products and solutions that can be found in major broadcast facilities on every continent. Evertz’ customer base also includes telcos, satellite, cable TV, and IPTV providers.
With over 1700 employees, that include hardware and software engineers, Evertz is one of the leaders in the broadcast industry. Evertz has a global presence with offices located in: Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Australia. Evertz was named one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies, which recognizes excellence in Canadian-owned and Canadian-managed companies. Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies identifies Canadian corporate success through companies focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy.