- Have project level responsibility over initiatives that involve analysis and modeling of high-resolution machine and agronomic data in the development and testing of production-ready dashboards and reports.
- Lead the development and operation of relevant dashboards, reports, and business processes that help the business review product performance on a regular basis.
- Lead the establishment and prioritization of relevant Engineering action items needed to ensure data is stored efficiently, is of high quality, and is formatted to support required analytics products.
- Manage yourself and up to several other employees in an Agile work environment that contains requirement ambiguity, tight deadlines, and competing priorities.
- Work directly with executives and stakeholders to define, quantify, and analyze Key Performance Indicators that define successful customer outcomes for your efforts.
- Personal mastery of and ability to mentor others in developing enterprise reporting and analytics.
- Expertise and ability to mentor others in the use of SQL.
- Proficiency and competency with Visualization tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, DataStudio, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements for and development of performance management techniques such as business reports, dashboards, scorecards, root cause analyses, etc.
- Demonstrated competency with Data Modeling techniques such as normalization, data quality and coverage assessment, attribute analysis, performance management, etc.
- Professional level communication skills. Able to effectively lead meetings, to document work for reproduction, to write persuasively, to communicate proof-of-concepts, present results, and to effectively take notes.
- Familiarity with regression, probabilistic inference, etc. analytical modeling techniques such as significance testing,
- Professional level competency at communicating complex analytical insights in a manner which is clearly understandable by nontechnical audiences.
- Demonstrated experience using ETL technologies such as Spark, Databricks, BigQuery, MongoDB, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders from disciplines such as Product, Sales, Finance, etc.
- Examples of professional work such as publications, patents, a portfolio of relevant project-work, etc.
- Experience designing and analyzing the results of applied experiments such as A/B tests.
- Experience creating simulations such as Monte Carlo simulation, Gibbs sampling, etc.
- Experience working with a variety of data structures such as time-series, geo-tagged, text, structured, and unstructured.
- Experience equivalent to 7-10 years in a related field or
- Having a Doctorate degree in a related area of study (e.g., Data Science, Marketing Research, Statistics, or other quantitative sciences) and at least a year of relevant work experience or
- Having a Master’s degree in a related area of study and 2-3 years of relevant work experience or
- Having or a Bachelor’s degree in a related area and 3-4 years of relevant work experience.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Urbandale, IA - United States of America
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Urbandale
Function: Data & Analytics (CA)
Title: Staff, Data Analyst - 89431
As an Intelligence Analyst for John Deere’s Intelligent Services Group (ISG), you will join a team leveraging petabyte-scale datasets for advanced analytics and model building to enable intelligent, automated equipment and improved decisions by farmers. Our team partners with product managers and data engineers to design, scale, and deliver full stack analytics solutions. Join a passionate team making a difference by applying innovative technology to solve some of the world's biggest problems. You will:
What Skills You Need
What Makes You Stand Out
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.