- Work collaboratively on a dynamic team to deliver solutions to complex problems.
- Write clean, maintainable, and testable code for high-reliability, distributed, desktop-like applications.
- Interface with clients for production support and requirements gathering.
- Daily design, development and debugging of local and remote systems.
- Participate in code reviews and knowledge sharing.
- Take ownership of complex projects and deliver solutions with unclear or incomplete requirements; drive them forward to fill the gaps.
- Design scalable solutions in the IoT space where tens of thousands of devices connect at a time.
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with the full stack—from the database to CSS.
- Expertise in at least one compiled, one interpreted language and one web framework.
- Expertise in web technologies.
- Experience with developing complex software systems with production quality deployment, monitoring and reliability.
- Understand HTTP and Websockets.
- Be able to decompose complex business requirements into a working solution.
- Experience with signage technologies, embedded devices, IoT devices, connected screens, and advertising is preferred.
- Expertise in Linux (knowledge of drivers on Linux a plus).
- Flexible, fun start-up environment and culture
- An approachable and accessible C-Suite
- Comprehensive health benefits
- 401k + match
- Unlimited PTO and summer Fridays
- Company-wide and team specific entertainment budgets for both in-person and virtual team building
- A flexible hybrid work environment, with a fully stocked kitchen, weekly catered lunches, and casual attire while in office (fully remote is an option for some roles)
- Biweekly expensed lunch perk for fully remote employees
- Sponsored Volunteer Events and Vistar Gives Back program
- An awesome and supportive bunch of people to work with and learn from
New York, NY - United States of America
Vistar Media is a rapidly growing global software & advertising technology company. In addition to our industry leading technology (we’ve been recognized as AdExchanger’s 2021 & 2020 Top Programmatic Power Players, and Street Fight’s Innovator Awards’ Best Ad Platform 2019, among others), we’re proud of our team and the positive, supportive culture we’ve built. We’re scaling our teams globally; join us!
We are currently seeking full-stack engineers to help grow our connected devices division. You'll be part of a team focused on IoT and Smart Cities projects. You will be part of a highly skilled engineering team and be able to make an immediate impact. As one of the early team members, you will play an integral role in shaping up our core technology. Your work will be highly visible and critical to our success. You will be exposed to a variety of technologies from networking to desktop applications on multiple operating systems and you will have the chance to learn and own parts of the system.
What you'll do:
What experience we're looking for:
What we offer: