- 5+ years programming experience in a strongly typed language e.g. golang, typescript, java etc
- 4+ years relational database experience e.g. MySQL, Postgres
- 1+ year(s) experience working in a cloud based production environment
- Enthusiasm and openness to working with new technologies
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development principles and Design patterns
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Proficiency in writing Unit and Integration Tests PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- Contributes to all phases of the development cycle, including project estimation
- Provides peer-level review of strategy and code
- Able to work independently and in small teams
- Communicates and reports on status and requirements with other teams (in-house and remote)
- Mentors, educates, and motivates junior team members
- Adheres and contributes to standards, automations, and best practices
- Manages tradeoffs between development speed and quality
- Possesses strong communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Proficient in writing and speaking English
- Ensures all deliverables meet all requirements and are developed with established quality standards
- Able to multitask between multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- Ensures project deadlines are met; communicates when obstacles prevent delivery on time
- Has a data-driven approach to testing and implementing improvements
- Experience with generating reports from different platforms to satisfy client requests
- Has a collaborative and open-minded personality
- Provides and accepts constructive feedback to improve the quality of products
- Open-minded; willing to seek the opinions and inputs of others before providing a deliverable
- Possesses and innovative, inventive, creative, logical, and analytical mindset
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
SkyHop Global Technologies
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
APPLY NOW! Skyhop Technologies is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our Head Quarters in Fort Lauderdale, FL
About Skyhop Technologies
We are a swiftly growing and successful start-up and in 7 years has become the dominant player in the airline ground transportation industry. We transport Airline Crews from Airport to Hotel and back - an Uber for the airlines. All the major airlines use our service which is based on proprietary software we are constantly improving. We are experiencing incredible growth as the country returns from the pandemic state and we’re looking to upgrade our software.
To execute our Raving Fan Service our proprietary web-based back end supports the use of a mobile app for the driver and a mobile app for the crews. This is an exciting time for SHT as the airlines all want the data that makes our service number one. We are located in 18 cities and growing with our Headquarters located in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
We are a woman-owned company with 500+ employees from all over the world. We believe in working hard and enjoying our successes. We love to celebrate our employees and feel that recognition makes job performance outstanding.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Our application handles the scheduling of all trips, including last minute changes from the airlines and delayed/early flights. In addition to powering the crew and driver apps, the application allows dispatchers to quickly resolve issues (broken down vehicle, late arriving aircraft). The application also provides internal reporting and invoicing.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will contribute to the development of our main application. This person will be involved in all aspects of the development process and provide input on process improvements and help shape the direction of the application. We follow an agile workflow with daily standup meetings and sprint planning sessions twice a month via Microsoft Teams.
The position is fully remote with the option to join us at the Ft. Lauderdale office for local employees. The position as Senior Software Engineer on our microservices platform means that you have the opportunity to participate in architectural decisions related to the service(s) you are working and the freedom to innovate and see your ideas through from conception to monitoring in production.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Remote