- AWS, Serverless, Terraform, Node.js, TypeScript, C#, .NET Core, GraphQL, React.
- GitHub for SCM, CI/CD through GitLab pipelines.
- Robust and performant cloud/serverless applications, with a focus on user experience and business growth.
- Full-stack, cross-functional teams owning the whole software development lifecycle from discovery to delivery.
- We don’t expect you to have experience with all of the technologies above. Some of our product teams use .Net Core and others use Node.js/Typescript, so if you have experience in either, along with cloud/serverless experience, please apply!
- Good engineering comes first: First and foremost, we are always striving for good engineering and this is so much more than just writing good, clean code. It’s a way of thinking about your code, domain, peers, supporting processes and the entire ecosystem in which you operate. You should be learning how this all fits together and focusing on your contribution towards it.
- Focus on delivery: Delivery is fundamental to great engineering, it’s why we write software after all. You will build up a solid understanding of what good delivery looks like, how to work in high performing teams, what makes good team dynamics and how the collective process contributes towards fast, incremental delivery.
- Learn and grow: You will be continuously growing your engineering skills and ensuring you are surrounding yourself with people that can help you do this. Understand the core differences between coding, craft and architecture and how they are applied at scale. You are evolving to a world in which you are responsible for part of the technical estate, so make sure you are growing to take on this challenge with confidence.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Although we believe the majority of our people will choose our hybrid working model (at least 2 days in the office each week), for some of our teams that don't require as much in-person connection and collaboration, we offer fully remote working (with paid travel to the Moonpig office up to 6 times per year). Remote roles are specified directly on our job adverts
This role can be based either fully remote within the UK, or on a hybrid remote basis in London or Manchester.
At Moonpig Group our mission is to help people connect and create moments that matter. We’re an international group made up of three brilliant brands – Moonpig in the UK, Ireland, US and Australia, and Greetz in the Netherlands – with our newest addition Buyagift joining us in 2022.
We were founded with a goal to disrupt the traditional greetings industry. Two decades on, we’re an established leader within the online gifting market, offering a wide range of products to customers across the world.
Moonpig is an iconic brand and innovator, with clear values (read more about our values here!). These values set our teams and our business up for success in an environment that’s fun, supportive and challenging. They’re the glue that binds us together and we think of them as a platform to help us deliver our best work. You have every chance to drive impact here at Moonpig, and most importantly, we genuinely want you!
We’re currently growing the team to work towards an even more ambitious goal of reaching 25 million customers.
To help get us there, we’ll be developing some cool tech innovations. Two projects we’ll bring to life this year include augmented reality/video cards and pre-personalisation; the latter aiming to provide a richer browsing experience for our customers via the automatic translation of customer data into personalised cards and gifts across multiple galleries.
But the magic does not stop there. Our architecture is built for scale and flexibility which will allow us to quickly innovate and launch new propositions - coupling that with the wealth of data we have on our customers, the sky's the limit in the world of experimenting with cutting edge ideas.
Moonpig is a hidden gem in terms of our culture. Check out our tech culture and benefits as well as our 4.6 rating and reviews on Glassdoor for a view on how great it is to work here!
We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer on our Checkout team, which is responsible for enabling our customers to quickly and securely checkout their items using multiple different payment providers across several platforms. The Checkout team is a vital part of the customer journey at Moonpig and is responsible for ensuring a customer's basket is ready to be printed as well as maintaining a detailed history for customers to revisit in the future.
Our tech environment:
Our expectations of you:
At Moonpig Group, we’re committed to creating an inclusive and caring culture with brilliant people who feel a real sense of belonging. We welcome and celebrate all diverse backgrounds to Moonpig, from working parents who need flexibility with their hours to individuals who are neurodiverse and prefer to work a certain way.