- PHP 8 (Including PHP 8 specific usage of optimizations)
- VueJS (Modern)
- Laravel 6 - 8
- MySQL (MariaDB) & Eloquent
- Redis (beneficial but not required)
- Strong OOP background with stateless workflows.
- Understanding of worker jobs and queues.
- Knowing when to offload work to background tasks.
- Designing driver based systems for easy future implementation changes.
- Strong knowledge of dependency injection and when to utilize it.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes is a big bonus.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- What variable scoping does PHP use?
- When needing a specifically configured service, what would you use to attain it? Choose answer: Object Context from Config, Dependency Injection, or Class Driver Flags?
- Which of the following is not a reverse proxy: Nginx, WAMP, Apache, or Caddy?
- When passing a dynamic variable to a MySQL query, how would you pass it? Choose answer: String Appending, String Injection, or PDO Parameters?
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Alderon Games development team is working on a cross-platform MMO dinosaur survival game built in Unreal Engine 5. The studio is looking to contract an experienced programmer to aid in development and management of backend technologies.
All are welcome to apply. This is an expansive project with the studio preference of placing an engineer as a long term hire through the life cycle of the game.
Knowledge of Key Technologies:
We are a globally distributed studio. Team language is English. The team has mostly worked as remote engineers and artists for the last 5+ years and take great effort to make sure the studio has all the tools desired to make the remote work environment comfortable and productive.
If you have any questions please be sure to ask.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $40.00-$92.00 per hour