- Technologies: AWS services, Github, SQL Server, Visual Studio
- Concepts: Web development, Databases, Web security, Cloud infrastructure
- Web API technologies: JSON, REST, SOAP, WCF
- Strong understanding of Computer Science topics including data structures, algorithms, databases, distributed systems, and security
- An ability to work with a group with diverse experiences
- Impactful work transforming the way the world learns
- Flexible work arrangements
- Learning and Growth opportunities
- Employee wellbeing (Access to mental health services, EFAP program, financial planning and more)
- Home Internet Reimbursements
- Employee Recognition
- Social Events
- Dog Friendly Offices at our HQ in Kitchener, Winnipeg, Vancouver and Melbourne
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $4,000 CAD for continuing education through our Catch the Wave Program
- 2 Paid Days off for Catch the Wave related activities like exams or final assignments
- Retirement planning
- 2 Paid Volunteer Days
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Reimbursement
Kitchener - Canada
D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L's has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
A member of our Talent Acquisition team reviews ALL of our applications - yes a real person reviews resumes! They are excited to read more about what amazing things you could add to D2L.
How will I make an Impact?
We are looking for Software Developers who will be graduating in 2023 and are passionate about technology, code and education. Software Developers help bring our vision to change the way the world learns into reality. Your ideas and perspectives are essential to making sure we're building the right things. We need software developers to work on a wide range of technologies including, but not limited to: distributed systems, user interfaces, mobile and cloud computing.
What you'll bring to the role:
Previous experience or familiarity with some of the technologies we use
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field; scheduled for completion in 2023
Don't meet every single requirement? We strongly encourage you to still apply! At D2L, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We encourage your application even if you don't believe you meet every single qualification outlined, because we love to help our people grow and develop!
Why We're Awesome:
At D2L, we are dedicated to providing you with the tools to do the best work of your life. While some of our perks and benefits may vary depending on location or employment type, we are proud to provide employees with the following.
All D2Lers receive:
Full time, permanent employees are also eligible for: