- We give more than we take
- We don’t take shortcuts
- We lead. We don’t follow
- We follow the golden rule
- We grow leaders
- 8+ years of professional Software Engineering experience
- Strong Vue knowledge, 2+ years required
- Strong Database knowledge in multiple datastores, but Postgres specifically, to handle large amounts of data transactions
- Scaling software to handle large numbers of transactions
- .NET Core, Entity Framework, and Postgres are highly desirable
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture
- AWS/Cloud Infrastructure knowledge
- Emphasis on performance and scalability of software
- Having worked in highly regulated industry, specifically financial technologies preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and projects preferred
- Cross-platform mobile experience preferred, but not required
- Mentoring and sharing your knowledge with others
- Design and implement robust, scalable web-based solutions to business requirements.
- Develop plans and estimates for project deliverables.
- Participate in definition and clarification of business and product requirements and drive technical/solution approaches to satisfy requirements.
- Communicate progress, issues and risks in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with development team members on architecture/design, task sharing and problem solving.
- Contribute towards the improvement of Patriot’s software development processes (version control, code reviews, unit testing, build/release, automation, etc).
- Provide technical mentoring and support to junior team members.
- Promote software engineering best practices.
- Protect the confidentiality of sensitive and/or proprietary company and customer information.
- Support and promote Patriot’s values through positive interactions with both internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis
- We work in a highly collaborative environment where interpersonal and communication skills are valued
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Section 125 HSA and FSA accounts
- Company-paid life, short-term, and long-term disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible scheduling and opportunities for advancement
- Collaborative and inclusive work environment
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Vue.js: 2 years (Required)
- .NET Core: 3 years (Required)
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
This is a full-time, 100% remote position.
Do you love using your extensive programming skills to solve problems? Are you a fan of collaborating with others and enjoy building tested, performant applications? Then the Senior Software Engineer position at Patriot may be a good fit for you! This position requires an individual who is self-motivated and dependable, is passionate about building reliable systems, and understands the importance of testing.
Let us introduce ourselves...
Patriot Software started in the basement of a factory decades ago. We’re located in Canton, OH and have over 200 employees across the United States.
On to the good stuff. What we do. Patriot develops accounting and payroll software for American businesses and their accountants. Because we have a passion for helping our customers succeed, our goals are lofty: make accounting and payroll fast, easy to use, and affordable. We need exceptional people to deliver exceptional products and services. That’s why we only hire the best of the best.
So, what do we value in a new team member? Our search starts by looking for a quality individual who lives by our core values:
Does this sound like you? Great! Read on to see if your skills are a match, too.
What we’re looking for on your resume
This position is open to all candidates who legally reside and are eligible to work in the United States. This position is currently not open to applicants in the following locations: Alaska, California, Hawaii, Washington D.C.
Here’s what you’ll be doing
Please note this is a sample of what you’ll be doing. This job requires you to be able to adapt to change quickly in order to deliver an exceptional customer experience. Your duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Working hours are established by each team and department based on business needs. For this role, it may require, at times, additional support until 7 pm EST Monday through Friday.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Perks of Patriot
We pride ourselves on our company culture and value our employees’ hard work. Aside from the freedom to introduce new ideas or technologies, here are some of the awesome benefits our employees enjoy:
Are you ready to take the next step in your career?
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $130,000.00 - $190,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote