- Design, develop, test, and deliver high quality software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and resiliency
- Be presented with engineering practices such as test-driven development, pair-programming, and software refactoring
- Be an advocate of the SW craftsmanship, believe in agile & lean values and have the quality first mindset
- Embrace best engineering practices, focusing on Continuous Improvement and Continuous Delivery mindsets
- Support and implement architectural and strategic decisions for a best-in-class software
- Get in touch and co-operate with domain experts, solution architects and delivery teams
- The scope of this role has the capacity to grow over time with ample opportunity for career development and personal growth, and you will get to influence best-in-class software design in Telco space.
- Technology, engineering or related University Degree or student (MSc or BSc), and experience in software
- Knowledge/interest in REST services and API's usage and design (JSON, REST, Swagger)
- Database knowledge/interest: SQL/HQL or Oracle or MariaDB
- Proven communication and collaboration skills and ability to lead and align cross-functional and international teams
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Knowledge with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, GitLab)
- Knowledge with Test automation (e.g., Jest, Selenium, Robot Framework, Cucumber, …) and Test-driven development
- Knowledge with dependency management (e.g., Webpack, Maven, Gradle, npm)
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
Amadora - Portugal
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
Cloud and Network Services (CNS) is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. Also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. CNS will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
As Cloud Service Providers (CSPs) evolve their networks to Cloud and 5G, a high degree of automation is essential to support the business agility to capture the new potential B2B and IoT business while keeping their complex networks under control. Nokia Digital Operations enables CSPs in evolving their operations to better serve and align to the business needs by providing products and solutions for CNF/VNF lifecycle management, network resource and service orchestration as well as assurance.
In order to support the fast-growing business, Digital Operations team is looking for an a Software Engineer Trainee to expand and accelerate team of NAC (Nokia Assurance Center).
Nokia Assurance Center is a multi-vendor, multi-technology and multi-domain assurance solution, delivering a modern microservices and cloud-native based approach. Together with Nokia Orchestration Center, the Assurance Center module leverages Bell Labs AI and ML technology to enable round-trip operations automation as part of Nokia’s Digital Operations Center.
What you will learn and contribute to
As part of our Team, you will:
Your skills and experience
It would be nice if you also have:
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered , and also health assurance, a day off for volunteering, bridges besides the normal vacations, access to tranning platforms and other offers.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.