- Continuously improve time estimation skills while delivering efficient and reliable code.
- Participate in software design and requirement gathering process.
- Write original program code based on defined specifications.
- Modify program code to correct errors or enhance an existing program’s capacity.
- Leverage the training resources that Midco has to offer.
- Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry.
- Develop empathetic, user-centric solutions that enable our users to accomplish their work most effectively and efficiently.
- Using data to design solutions that best meet the needs of the business.
- Begin to recognize opportunities to use these technologies and present those ideas to peers and leadership.
- Make good technical decisions that provide creative solutions to solve business challenges.
- Actively participate in agile development process.
- Collaborate with other IT teams (Server Admins, Data Engineering and other Development teams) to configure and develop custom applications.
- Be ready, willing, and able to travel.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
- Provide comprehensive support to achieve resolution to outstanding problems or issues.
- Compile timely, comprehensive, and accurate documentation and or reports, as requested.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Information Technology or a closely related degree in a closely related filed OR Associate’s degree (U.S. or foreign equivalent) in Information Technology or a closely related degree in a closely related field with 1 years for programming or front end development experience.
- 1 year programming experience in .NET, C# and/or ASP.NET is
- General knowledge of Webservices such as RESTAPI, JSON or SOAP.
- General knowledge of databases, preferably SQL or T-SQL.
- General knowledge of agile development and scrum processes.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Is the leading provider of reliable, high-speed internet via fiber and fixed wireless technology, serving 460,000 homes and businesses in 400 communities across the Midwest.
- Provides exceptional customer experience and a superior network, while being a force for good in the communities we serve.
- Delivers TV services including Midco Sports (a regional sports network), phone, data center and advertising services, plus wholesale networking solutions.
- Free Midco internet & TV
- Great opportunities to get involved in volunteerism
- Generous 401(k) match and paid time away from work programs
- And many more
Sioux Falls, SD - United States of America
Maintain, develop, and test Software systems, Web applications and databases within a Microsoft .NET environment.
Execute – Develop, maintain and test software systems (websites, applications and API) with moderate support and guidance.
Build Talent – Be eager and proactive to learn and actively seek out opportunities to receive and provide feedback to support individual and team growth and development
Demonstrate business acumen – Have a desire to understand the business and the part our software plays in making it successful.
Innovate – Possess up-to-date knowledge of technological developments in the industry and the willingness to learn more.
Agility – Be open and willing to adapt to changing direction and business priorities to best support the overall needs of our business and customers.
Think strategically – Hone skills to understand the business rules behind the requirements to develop solutions that meet and exceed our business goals and priorities.
Demonstrate courage – Recognize and utilize opportunities to share ideas with peers and leadership on how we can improve and innovate our software solutions.
Collaborate across boundaries – Build relationships with other departments to better understand and empathize with the needs of the business and the challenges that they face.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
VisitMidco.com/Careersto learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer toMidco.com/Federal Posters.