- Liaise with business units and program areas to ensure solutions meet current and strategic ministry needs.
- Align development team to follow Application Architecture.
- Write code for the most complex Functional and Technical Designs with minimal defects.
- Define non-functional requirements (Performance, Availability, Portability, Recovery / Recoverability etc.).
- Assess technical impacts up front and recommend better ways of designing application to ease the development.
- Produce Technical Design, Database structure and Application Architecture for a new average to high complex application.
- Seek for the best technical design solution that respects budget and timeline. Advocate the re-use of existing components/frameworks.
- Innovate in providing better efficient ways to design application.
- Review Technical Designs from other developers and recommend optimization if necessary.
- Evaluate, with assistance, the quality of the product being delivered, and take action to improve situations.
- Assist/Execute performance/penetration tests and troubleshoot issues at the system level.
- Isolate root cause of issues and provide solution options/recommendations.
- Provide tracking and reporting of time and status on all work, as required.
- Contribute to the creation of the Application Lifecycle Planning.
- Identify and coordinate release schedules.
- Identify service requests and priorities with customers.
- Ensure planned releases remain on schedule.
- Experience with software development processes, and all associated best practices, methods, standards, tools, and policies.
- Experience writing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Experience with unit testing, and test
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.x.
- Experience and technical knowledge of Microsoft C#.
- Experience developing Microsoft Web Services.
- Experience with code refactoring.
- Experience querying data with Microsoft Transact SQL
- Experience designing, modifying and optimizing Microsoft SQL Server databases.
- Resource must work within Alberta, due to hybrid work environment, as well as network & data security issues.
- Experience using Team Foundation Server.
- Knowledge of Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) Top Ten Web Application Security Flaws in Web Applications.
- Experience with testing for Web Application Security vulnerabilities in a web application.
- Knowledge of secure coding practices.
- Experience and technical knowledge of Angular
- Experience developing ASP.NET Model
- Experience working with Biz Talk
- Working knowledge of W3C.
- 8 hour shift
Edmonton - Canada
Our client has an urgent requirement for a Application Developer - Senior
Description of Services
Deliver applications programming and analysis tasks as part of a system development process as well as provide application support, maintenance and enhancements. An Application Developer applies a broad knowledge of various technical areas to foresee and rectify certain problem areas within technology or with a mix of technologies, but the focus is to ensure a certain business/functional use case is solved with the help of technology.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Work Location: One location