- Design, develop and test, and then execute integration, operation and deployment of security solutions, requiring knowledge in multiple technical areas (i.e. security, cloud and radio access network domain).
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software.
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary.
- Bachelor´s or Master's degree in a technical field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc.).
- Willingness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quality solutions.
- Creative, problem-solving mind-set and innovative thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills.
- Knowledge of unit tests automation tools.
- Knowledge of Terraform, Yaml, OpenStack or OpenShift are an asset.
- Fluent in oral and written English.
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
Ottawa - Canada
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you’ll be part of
Cloud and Network Services
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models. Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
In Digital Trust, big data, machine learning, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security and Cloud are at the heart of our portfolio. We help create the secure, ultra-connected world in which we live and develop innovative solutions for 5G, smart cities, autonomous cars, health services, public safety, and smart utilities. Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respectful of our privacy. More than that, we bring intelligent lockdown and corrective actions to critical infrastructure protection.
What you will learn and contribute to
You will be part of the Digital Trust's latest adventure in providing a view of the overall alert/threat level in the network based on risk, threat intelligence, and analytics specific to 5G networks. More than that, we bring intelligent lockdown and corrective actions to critical infrastructure protection.
We are looking for a Software Developer to join our new, dynamic team of talented professionals to create an innovative, industry-leading, automated security SaaS offering Cyberdome (Automated Defense Center), and to define the automated procedures for immediate response to emergencies or for detection and response to mobile network infrastructure attacks.
You will be part of an agile team responsible for the specification, design, development and testing of the product.
The main responsibilities will be to
Your skills and experience
It would be nice if you also had:
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Company Culture: We believe our people are our greatest asset and we aim to foster a fun, challenging, positive, and inclusive work environment. We offer 1-on-1 mentorship, learning and development opportunities, global impact and interaction, and flexible work/life balance.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.