- Develop software applications, including web and mobile applications, with our team.
- Apply knowledge of various languages and technologies, and the ability to analyze and implement new technologies.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications, code integrity, organization, and documentation.
- Review and test your work and participate in the peer-review process within the development team.
- Use AWS CloudFormation to automate deployment of AWS artifacts in different environments
- Work with customer(s) to create methods to discover metrics and platform data within cloud-based environments
- Mobile app development
- Web development
- Linux distribution
- Server-side development (API definitions, REST/GraphQL/gRPC services, etc.)
- Automated Testing (JUnit, Jest, Cypress, etc.)
- Application framework experience (Node, React, Django, Spring, etc.)
- AGILE software development techniques
- Docker and/or virtualization
- AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
Utica, NY - United States of America
Help Us Create the Future!
Do you want to be an originator throughout the software development process and join a young, hungry, expanding business? Is learning a life-long pursuit for you? Traditional corporate culture (no sea of office cubicles here) not really your thing? Then this may be the place for you. Our software engineers work with teammates both native to the Mohawk Valley and across the country to deliver cutting-edge products to our customers. As a Junior Software Engineer, you will work with peers and mentors to learn and evolve as a coder, task master and leader. You will be exposed to and gain experience in emerging technologies including AI/ML, Cloud Platforms, and many more. Get fired up to join and remain fired up to perform!!
The development work will be performed at various locations, including at the company offices in Utica and Rome, NY, the Air Force Research Lab (AFRL) in Rome, NY, or remotely. A 100% remote work arrangement is an option for many of our projects!
Due to the clearance required for this position, only U.S. citizens are eligible to apply; as outlined in Executive Order 12968: Access to Classified Information, eligibility for access to classified information may only be granted to employees who are United States citizens.
Responsibilities and Duties
The successful candidate can participate, contribute, and document throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (Plan, Define, Design, Build, Test, Document, Deploy), including:
Education and Certifications:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer programming, software engineering, or closely related technical field is required for many of our projects. We will consider candidates with associate degrees or certificates in the areas listed above in combination with experience.
Six months of experience (through collegiate studies, internships, bootcamps or professional positions held) in at least some of the following areas:
Knowledge, skills, and experience in the following areas is a plus, but not required:
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet and maintain eligibility requirements for, at minimum, Secret access to classified information.
Remote candidates may occasionally need to travel to Technergetics offices in Utica and Rome, NY or client site.
We offer a competitive salary, opportunities to innovate, and career advancement for an individual who wishes to excel
Our benefits package includes health, life, disability, dental, and vision insurance coverage and a 401(k) policy with a 3% company contribution & 3% company match. Other perks include generous Paid Time Off (including some unique days off), education assistance, two weeks paid maternity/paternity leave, technology “allowances” and more!