- Improve functionality of existing applications
- Write effective, scalable code
- Develop back-end components to improve responsiveness and overall performance
- Integrate user-facing elements into applications
- Test and debug programs
- Implement security and data protection solutions
- Assess and prioritize feature requests
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand user requirements and provide technical solutions
- BS in Computer Science
- Minimum of 2 years of professional work experience as a Developer
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (e.g., Fast-API, Starlette, Django, or Flask)
- Knowledge of object-relational mapping (ORM)
- Familiarity with front-end technologies (React)
- Team player
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- True passion for Computer Science
- Active Secret or Top Secret Clearance
- Trust is paramount We deliver security expertise and solutions where trust is of the highest importance for our customers. We are an honest and trusted partner in every aspect of the business.
- Customers are core; We strategize, operate, and execute through a customer-centric view. We prioritize the security interests of our customers, and we act as if their systems and/or data were our own.
- Innovation never stops, it only accelerates! The speed of change is accelerating. We are committed, through investment and focus, to stay ahead of the innovation curve.
- We deliver with agility We thrive in high-paced and continually changing environments. We navigate through newly added variables, adjust accordingly while driving towards our strategic goals.
- United by respect, Respect for all is what unites us. We promote diversity, inclusivity, equity, and acting with empathy, both in our business and in our communities.
- Teams make it happen Vision and goals are not individually achievable they require teamwork. We pride ourselves in operating as a cohesive team, creating promoters and partners, and winning as one.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Ashburn, VA 20147: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- This position involves working on a contract for the US government. The US Government is requiring US citizenship for this position. Can you meet this requirement?
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Software development: 1 year (Required)
- React: 1 year (Preferred)
- Object Relational Mapping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fast-API, Starlette, Django, or Flask: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secret (Required)
Ashburn, VA - United States of America
Obscurity Labs, a veteran-owned cybersecurity firm located in Ashburn, Virginia, has a new and exciting opportunity for a Junior Developer with anactive Secret or Top Secret clearance.
We have a need for a Junior Developer to join our software engineering team and help us develop and maintain various software products. Developer responsibilities include writing and testing code, troubleshooting source code bugs, debugging programs, and integrating applications with third-party web services. To be successful in this role, you should have experience developing client & server-side logic and work well in a team. Ultimately, you’ll build highly responsive web applications that align with our customer's business needs.
Position on-site in Ashburn/Herndon (some remote work available)
Candidates MUST have a minimum of a Secret clearance and be willing to receive a TS Clearance.
CULTURE, CAREER OPPORTUNITIES, & BENEFITS
At Obscurity Labs, we are looking to build teams that continually strive to make things better for our customers and make each other better. You will be challenged daily and given opportunities to grow yourself and your career. We balance autonomy and structure to create an entrepreneurial environment to spur creativity and encourage ownership of customer outcomes. Our goal is to develop the most desired individuals in the workplace and create a culture where people choose to stay.
Our core values are extremely important to how we run our business and what we look for in every team member:
In addition to a great work environment and strong culture, benefits include medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, 50k in company-paid life insurance, 401k, 529 College Savings Plan.
Obscurity Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disabled/Veteran). Obscurity Labs prohibits employment discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin or ancestry, marital status, status as a military veteran (including recently separated and other protected veterans), or status as a qualified handicapped or disabled individual, or as Vietnam-Era Veteran, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location