- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Company to Work For” by Women's Choice Award
- Analyze a collection of raw data sets to create meaningful impact to large enterprise clients while maintaining a high degree of scientific rigor and discipline.
- Engineer data pipelines and products to help stakeholders make and execute data driven decisions.
- Communicate analytical findings in an intuitive and visually compelling way.
- Creating highly visual and interactive dashboards via Tableau, PowerBI, or custom web applications
- Conducting deep dive analysis and designing KPIs to help guide business decisions and measure success
- Engineering data infrastructure, software libraries, and APIs supporting BI and ML data pipelines
- Architecting cloud data platform components enabling the above
- Building and tracking project timelines, dependences, and risks
- Gathering stakeholder requirements and conducting technical due diligence toward designing pragmatic data-driven business solutions
- Proven industry experience executing data engineering, analytics and/or data science projects or Bachelors/Masters degree in quantitative studies including Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or computation-intensive Sciences and Humanities.
- Proficiency (can execute data ingestion to insight) in programmatic languages such as SQL, Python, R
- Proficiency scripting in UNIX environment
- Proficiency in big data environments and tools such as Spark, Hive, Impala, Pig, etc.
- Proficiency with cloud architecture components (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Proficiency with data pipeline software such as Airflow, Luigi, or Prefect
- Ability to turn raw data and ambiguous business questions into distilled findings and recommendations for action
- Experience with statistical and machine learning libraries along with the ability to apply them appropriately to business problems
- Experience leading and managing technical data/analytics/machine learning projects
Kin + Carta
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
Ideal candidates will have strong quantitative backgrounds and analytical discipline. While they will have some demonstrated ability to write code, they will not have learned programming languages for the sake of building their resume, but rather as a means to express their intellectual curiosity and analytical voice. Kin + Carta will provide a platform and training to help them reach their full potential.
Kin + Carta is looking to hire Data Engineers with all levels of experience; junior to senior-level. to join our growing capabilities team. If you are innovative, passionate about data and AI technologies, and look to continually learn and enjoy sharing expertise, read on!
Potential Responsibilities (depending on aptitude, project, and seniority):
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 2,000 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their authentic selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
Apply for this role
Whoever you are, wherever you’re from and whoever you love, you’ll find an open door at Kin + Carta. It’s yours to walk through if you’re passionate about building a better world for everyone, and you’re keen to be part of a diverse and inclusive culture that plays to people’s strengths and thrives on togetherness.