- Implement, automate and optimize QA test plans/cases and support user acceptance testing (UAT) from business user stories/requirement specifications across the OSC to evaluate service or product functionality, reliability, quality and performance;
- Evaluate, investigate, and remedy complaints, issues and reported defects from a technologically competent lens; triage root causes and seek out innovative solutions to complex problems
- Ensure all user objectives and expectations are met during the testing process and ongoing compliance with OSC quality assurance standards and industry regulatory requirements
- Define methodologies and pass/fail criteria necessary for defect management, risk assessment and assumptions;
- Review business requirements/user stories, issue logs with stakeholders (product owners, business analysts, developers) and clarify any ambiguity to ensure test conditions are understood
- Analyze software issues and collaborate with developers for their timely resolution, and make recommendations for future preventative and corrective actions to ensure quality assurance standards are met
- Remain up-to-date with best practice artifacts, testing technologies/methodologies, QA industry standards, principles and practices; champion continuous improvement in methodologies, practices and processes
- Partner with management to enhance quality and process standards and to ensure on-time, efficient and high-quality QA results
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in a related field; SQL querying, ISTQB certification required
- Minimum of 3 years of Quality Assurance experience and solid understanding of the software testing lifecycle in Waterfall and Agile environments
- Solid verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with a diverse team of business analysts, developers, QA team members to clarify specifications, identify and resolve various issues; experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience in implementing Software QA best practices, standards, and processes, automation, troubleshooting test issues, recording test results, tracking and prioritizing defects, optimizing measures of test efficiency, effectiveness and product readiness
- Effective organizational and time management skills; attention to detail and results-oriented
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment to build relationships, engage and influence
Toronto - Canada
Quality Assurance Analyst Opportunities
Information Services Branch
The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) is the statutory body responsible for regulating Ontario’s capital markets in accordance with the mandate established in the provincial Securities Act and the Commodity Futures Act. The mandate of the OSC is to provide protection to investors from unfair, improper or fraudulent practices, to foster fair, efficient and competitive capital markets and confidence in the capital markets, to foster capital formation, and to contribute to the stability of the financial system and the reduction of systemic risk. This mandate is performed through policy, operational, adjudication and enforcement work. The OSC also contributes to national and global securities regulation development.
The Quality Assurance Analyst is responsible for planning, optimizing and executing test lifecycle methodologies to deliver high quality OSC software products.
Reporting to the Manager, Quality Assurance, the Quality Assurance Analyst consistently evaluates the overall product, system and software portfolio across the functions of the OSC to ensure they meet compliance requirements, established quality standards and methodologies and are free of defects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Grow your career and make a difference working at the OSC!
Apply by Monday February 6,2023 at 11:59 pm.
**Internal applicants: please apply using the Taleo profile created with your OSC email address**
The OSC is committed to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace. It is our priority to ensure employment opportunities are visible and barrier-free to all under-represented groups including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ2S community, to achieve an employee demographic profile reflective of the demographic profile of Ontarians.
The OSC is a proud partner with the following organizations: BlackNorth Initiative, Canadian Centre for Diversity and Inclusion, and Pride at Work Canada
If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting our confidential inbox [email protected]. Visit Accessibility at the OSC to review the OSC’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.