- Remote work friendly environment
- Hybrid option
- Flexible schedules (4-day workweek option)
- Happy Birthday Policy (you get your birthday off!)
- Beautiful office location, snacks and games room! Free parking
- We treat everyone with dignity and respect
- Write, modify, review, optimize and debug code
- Design and implement new features
- Participate in testing and quality control
- Have the chance to act as an advisor and lead the team
- Support project-related activities
- Review peer code and architecture to ensure compliance with Company development standards and industry best practices
- Work with a DevOps mindset with consideration for performance, optimization, refactoring, and data integrity
- Provide or grow into a position of technical leadership within the project team
- 1 year of Software Development experience
- A good grasp of relational databases
- Experience with Bootstrap CSS Framework
- Experience in developing RESTful web APIs
- Data model design (relational)
- Experience with test automation/unit testing
Oakville - Canada
Be a part of the future of work for everyone!
This Position is for Post Secondary Co-op Students Only
Term: May to August 2023
Application deadline: February 28
TUW provides an interactive and engaging platform to connect skilled freelance creatives with businesses and individuals looking to delocalize their content needs. We are an online marketplace and service collaboration platform for those looking to work with creatives and we kick SaaS! Meaning we know what our industry needs and we are providing the tools to achieve their goals and a whole lot more. We have a sensational community of creatives and a passionate, driven, and ever growing customer base.
Behind the scenes at The Urban Writers, we have dedicated ourselves to establishing the ultimate online workspace culture. We work remotely and if you are in the neighbourhood, we welcome you to come work from our beautiful Oakville office. We're committed to mutual growth because we believe everyone has a role to play, no matter how big or small. Every individual who enters our community is a vital player in the continued growth and success of our company.
Why work with us?
Junior Software Developer
We are seeking an individual who is eager to challenge themselves and work collaboratively with our team. Somebody who writes beautiful code and pays attention to the details. You will play a role in creating our new beautiful, interactive, and intuitive platform that will leave our users saying they cannot live without The Urban Writers. Mindset is everything. If you are bold and committed to growth and improvement then keep reading!
How you'll help build the future:
What you bring to the role:
Nice to Have:
Accommodation is available upon request during the recruitment process and beyond.