- Help build, maintain, and grow the Kiawah Island Golf Resort digital portfolio as a technical lead on the Marketing team.
- Create, troubleshoot and edit HTML code as needed to keep digital presences current and healthy.
- Work with 3rd party APIs and plugins, custom themes, vendors and web services to help maintain site health and streamline user experience.
- Website defense software installation/monitoring.
- Upgrades for core WordPress versions of any stable release.
- Assist with keeping product information & assets current and up-to-date.
- Work closely with team Graphic Designer to properly follow the desired company style guides.
- Conduct routine audits of website presences, security, speed, tagging, etc. to ensure functionality, accuracy, and adherence with all guidelines–such as ADA.
- Run and maintain regular backups of WordPress sites and databases.
- Oversee and ensure that all Google Analytics reporting, for all websites, are within current industry standards. Work with Marketing Team and Advertising Agency to create monthly goal conversions and reporting metrics.
- Assist Marketing Team and Advertising Agency with deployment and ongoing success of SEO/SEM initiatives and campaigns and monitor monthly for optimal results.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience using WordPress
- Strong experience with E-Commerce applications, i.e., WooCommerce.
- Proficient with delivering fully-responsive “mobile first” websites.
- Experience with MAMP, WAMP or local environments.
- Experience with WP-Engine hosting
- Proficient in domain management, including DNS, forwarding, subdomains, and email integration.
- Organized and able to multi-task and prioritize.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, and standards.
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process.
- Google Adwords/PPC experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to write for the web, with an in-depth understanding of how to optimize page content.
- Previous work history in hospitality industry.
Kiawah Island Golf Resort
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Kiawah Island Golf Resort is one of the only Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five Diamond resorts in South Carolina. We strive to enhance southern hospitality by taking care of our employees and guests.
We are currently seeking a full-time Website Developer to oversee day-to-day management and maintenance of our collection of web presences in order to better enhance our guest experience. This is not a remote position and MUST be located within the Charleston area.
About the Role
This position will function as a leader of website operating processes, measurement metrics, and optimization of Kiawah Island Golf Resort sites, serving as the primary point of contact and support for web-related activity. This role includes collaboration with our Advertising Agency of record on the ongoing analysis and measurement of site traffic and campaign performance through Google Analytics, SEO, SEM and other tools. The Website Developer reports directly to the Sr. Marketing Manager and will work closely with the resort Marketing and I.T. Teams.
This is a salaried position with competitive pay based on experience. Benefits include Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, 401(k) Options with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Employee Meal Program, Discounts on Golf, Tennis, Accommodations, Dining & More.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with this position. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship. Kiawah Island Golf Resort is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or due to pregnancy. We truly appreciate your interest in Kiawah Island Golf Resort. If you have any questions regarding employment at Kiawah Island Golf Resort, please reach out to [email protected]