- Recently graduated from a degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics or related field.
- A very positive attitude and desire to work as part of a team.
- Must be open to learning or developing in an AWS environment (with various micro services for deployment and scalability.
- Must be open to learning or developing using python and various python libraries
- Database experience (preferably not relational, but experience is experience!)
- Knowledge of jQuery, CSS, HTML
- Familiarity with distributed version control systems such as Git (bitbucket, gitlab, GitHub)
- Production level react experience
- Experience with cloud-native development and architectures, and managing and scaling applications on a modern cloud platform (Azure, AWS, or Google Cloud)
- Knowledge of mobile platforms similar to React Native and SDKs like Braintree, S3 buckets, node dependencies
- Big Data Experience
- Made contributions to GitHub libraries
- Strong sense of humour, passionate about development!
- Great team and company culture
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Work with a Lead Developer recently awarded Top 30 Under 30 Developer in Canada
- Company events
- Incentivized bonuses based on performance
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Work from home
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- No weekends
- Bonus pay
- Secondary School (preferred)
- HTML: 1 year (preferred)
- CSS: 1 year (preferred)
- React: 1 year (preferred)
- Node.js: 1 year (preferred)
- MongoDB: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
The Leap Corp.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Leap is a student professional networking app uniquely designed to transform the job market industry. The purpose of Leap is to disrupt the job market industry by introducing the first-ever two-sided platform targeted to both students/grads and employers. Leap implements a wide range of unique and compelling features that enhance the job seeking and networking process for students alongside the hiring process for employers.
Leap is looking for a Frontend Developer Intern to join our software development team as we look to continue providing cutting-edge tools and support to our development team. You will play a key role in resolving various front end bugs including cross compatibility amongst various browsers and operating systems. You would also be working with our existing web application and web codebases, developing new features and solutions, implementing an agile delivery (DevOps) pipeline, and delivering high-quality, testable code that delivers significant value.
The ideal candidate for this role has:
Nice to have:
What is in it for you?
Leap is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind: Leap is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Leap are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, […], family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Leap will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Leap encourages applicants from all walks of life to apply.”
Job Types: Full-time, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 4 months
Salary: $25.95-$29.95 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote