- Thoroughly test the company's complex software suite and work actively with the Development team to ensure only the very best software reaches production.
- Test newly developed software, existing software upgrades and deployments, to ensure quality is maintained.
- Perform functional and system testing, predominantly using Black Box testing techniques.
- Non-functional testing using in-house and 3rd party tools.
- Automate the testing process where practical, using tools such as Selenium.
- Work with clients and developers to help capture and transform requirements into test specifications, and diagnose defects.
- Use risk-based analysis to identify vulnerable areas of the software.
- Use creativity and ingenuity to uncover software faults.
- Raise, prioritise and track defect reports through to conclusion.
- At least 2 year's software testing experience.
- Analytical and diagnostic skills.
- Ability to prioritise work, work under pressure and deliver to tight timescales.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Work from home
- 35hr week
- Flexible working hours
- Training time and budget
- Monday to Friday
- This is a remote position (e.g. you can work from home), but it is UK based Are you able to work from a location in the UK?
- United Kingdom (required)
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Join our friendly and talented team and take this opportunity to work on interesting projects, learn new technologies.
Our diverse development team work with a range of clients to build world class training and education platforms. As an ethical company we take pride in helping people all around the globe - from school pupils and teachers to refugee camp managers.
We are looking to recruit a new member of our testing team to help us support the development and maintenance of several large systems.
Across our portfolio we predominantly use popular frameworks for PHP & MySQL on the back-end, with a few projects based on Node.js. All our systems are hosted on an AWS infrastructure - some using just single instances, others using complex auto-scaling architectures composing of many AWS components.
You will be involved in projects from concept, through development and into production, and should consider usability, scalability and security at all times and try to help the team implement best practice on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have sufficient skills to get stuck into projects from day one, and a desire to learn and get involved in new innovations as part of their career development.
Whilst the role is primarily normal office hours, there will be occasional out-of-hours deployments that you would be expected to take a part in.
At Can Studios we create cutting edge educational and training systems and we are looking for an experienced tester to join our team. The successful applicant will:
The successful applicant will have the following experience and skills:
The following skills would be advantageous:
NOTE: While this is a remote position (e.g. you can work from home), it is UK based, therefore you must be both eligible and able to work from location within the UK.
Job Types: Full-time, Graduate
Salary: £20,000.00-£30,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 17/02/2023
Reference ID: Test2023