- Processor - Core i5 or higher
- RAM - 8GB or higher
- Bandwidth Minimum Requirement:
- Download Speed: at least 6 Mbps
- Upload Speed: at least 5 Mbps
- 1+ years of experience in software/python programming & development
- Experience writing code, ideally Python 3 or a similar programming language.
- Experience working with various data formats, such as XML and JSON.
- A willingness to work collaboratively with regulatory analysts and other teams that depend on scraped regulatory content.
- Experience with implementing spiders using the Scrapy framework.
- Experience with deploying and running applications on cloud infrastructure, such as AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure.
- Provide reliable and quality design to a variety of problems and requirements using sound problem-solving techniques.
- Implement and deliver projects with minimal supervision.
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with the security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design trade-offs, code best practices, and lessons learned
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Drive the design and code review sessions as appropriate, to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards.
- Cultivate and suggest ideas for the extension of the current system to new products and services
- Adaptable to changing project priorities & technologies
- Predisposition for teamwork
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving and detail-oriented skills
- Want to learn
1840 & Company
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Must have their own laptop-desktop which meets minimum qualifications
1840 & Company is a globally managed marketplace for vetted professional resources and outsourcing solutions. We proactively curate a marketplace of freelance marketers, developers, and finance professionals globally. Additionally, 1840 and Company delivers managed outsourcing solutions such as contact centre and back-office solutions currently from a work-from-home model. At 1840 & Company, we rely on knowledgeable professionals to interact with our valued customers when they have questions or concerns
We are currently looking for a Junior Python Software Engineer for one of our clients(HQ in Cambridge). Our client is looking for this position to join their remote-first cross-functional tech team of engineers, and data scientists & ML specialists. Your role will be to work closely with tech leadership to roll out the crucial organizational tooling which facilitates it — for internal stakeholders such as crawler engineers, annotators, regulatory analysts, and data scientists — and the customer-facing APIs which realize its value to paying customers & end-users.
Nice to have: