- Developing high quality systems, maintaining adherence to appropriate standards and customer specification.
- Ensuring that systems and products are designed with an excellent level of cyber security, and appropriately tested against known threats
- Reviewing and designing technical solutions according to defined specifications.
- In coordination with the wider team, designing and implementing products to meet the specification of the customer.
- Providing training on the use of the products, supported by the wider team.
- Remaining up to date on latest industry trends and practices.
- Learning, maintaining and improving existing software codebases as required by the customers and company.
- Ensuring software operability on new devices and platforms.
- Monitoring helpdesk, status and bug reporting tools.
- Responding efficiently to reported software maintenance and defect requests.
- Maintaining records of accurate version control reported issues, and remedial actions taken.
- Participating in team meetings and initiatives to support the progression and growth of the business.
- Supporting team members to identify potential technological solutions to internal company management issues.
- Acting in a manner that promotes diversity, inclusion, and equality.
- Performing other duties as assigned within your scope of practice.
- Chief Executive Officer
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 30 days plus UK bank holidays
- Flexible working policy
- Training opportunities
- Home and remote working policy
- Access to an employee wellness and discount programme
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Car Rental Scheme
- Experience delivering high quality full stack web applications
- Good working understanding of Git
- Good working understanding of Docker
- Effective time management and ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Experience working well within a team
- Readiness to contribute knowledge and ideas to the wider team
- Experience of iOS and Android development using Kotlin, Jetpack Compose, Swift, and SwiftUI
- Experience of test-led development.
- Experience with AWS
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (preferred)
H2 Cognitive Designs
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
H2 Cognitive Designs is a rapidly developing software technology company, based in the UK. We provide services to healthcare providers, academic partners, and related industries. Our core business is focused on the development and deployment of our industry leading cognitive testing and remote clinical assessment products. We currently provide assessment and reference technology to the NHS, and a wide range of academic partners across the UK and beyond.
As our client base is currently growing, we are looking to recruit a knowledgeable full-stack developer to support the development, maintenance and of our software products. The health-tech sector in the UK is advancing fast, so this role will offer the opportunity to develop skills that are broadly relevant across academic, industry and healthcare applications.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Chief Executive Officer, who also is the Lead Software Developer, the post holder will work as part of a small team to develop high quality web and mobile app-based solutions for our customers.
Scope of Job Role
Software design and development
Line management responsibilities
The role will primarily be home-based. The applicant must be willing to ensure appropriate security measures are in place according to company policy.
The position is full time (37.5 hours per week). Some occasional weekend and out-of-hours work may be required, in line with business demands, for which you will receive time of in lieu in line with our standard flexible working policy,. We are happy to consider requests for part-time or flexible working arrangements.
Benefits of working at H2 Cognitive Designs include
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 18.75 per week
Salary: From £45,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote