- Write efficient and maintainable code along with creating and supporting tests using best development practices.
- Develop and maintain web applications using Python, Typescript, React and databases.
- Deliver UI renderings to support concepts.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with internal teams.
- Participate in design and planning sessions.
- Contribute to team documentation.
- Provide a document and/or presentation summarizing what has been learned throughout the program.
- Must currently be enrolled in a Bachelors or Masters degree program and majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent academic discipline.
- Knowledge of software development best practices.
- 1+ years of educational experience with the Python programming language.
- Experience with modern front-end technologies (., React.js, Vue.js).
- Fairly strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain designs and solutions clearly.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- An eagerness to learn.
- Knowledge of D3.js is a plus.
- Previous work experience in software development is a plus.
New York, NY - United States of America
The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), a subsidiary of Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. (ICE) is searching for a Junior Developer to join one of our Technology teams from approximately May 2023 to August 2023.
The Junior Developer will assist the technology team with the design and development of web applications that support our business needs. The role focuses primarily on data visualization and server-side development, with an emphasis on writing code that is clean, performant, secure and well-tested. An understanding of modern front-end technologies and being comfortable working on the client side is preferred.
We are seeking an individual with excellent communication and analytical skills. An individual who is eager to learn, not afraid to raise risks/concerns, accepts constructive feedback and is a team player.
Knowledge and Experience
This role offers work from home flexibility of up to 2 days per week .
Base Salary Range for New York Candidates
The expected base salary for this role is between 33 - 38/hr USD. The base salary range does not include Intercontinental Exchanges incentive compensation. While we provide this range as general guidance, at ICE we compensate employees based on the skillset and experience of the individual.
Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.