- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Sick pay
- Wellness programme
- Monday to Friday
- Please provide an example of a recent site or app you have built
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
We’re Grubby, the UK’s first plant-based recipe kit company. We’re on a mission to make plant-based cooking more convenient and accessible without costing the earth. Through our food and website, we make it delicious and easy for anyone to make the switch towards plants one dish or day at a time.
We are proud to be one of only a handful of UK B-Corps, dedicated to using business as a force for good. Listed in the Startups top 100 lists, we’ve come a long way in two years and have now delivered over 600k meals nationwide. We’re a small, open-minded team, passionate about inspiring the planet to eat more plants.
We are seeking a highly skilled front-end Developer to build and manage the experience for our customer facing properties on Web (React, Next) and mobile apps (React Native). As a key member of our team, you will be responsible for continuously improving our front-end processes, practices, and architecture. You will also be responsible for debugging the front end to create a flawless customer experience.
In addition to technical proficiency, we are looking for someone who has a strong understanding of UI/UX principles and can provide feedback on the feasibility of designs, wireframes, and website mock-ups provided by our website designers.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable deploying quickly and often, testing in production, and rolling out features using experimentation and testing. As an early-stage startup, we are still finding the best processes that suit us, so the ability to adapt and learn quickly is crucial.
You will work collaboratively with our back-end developers in a thoughtful and collaborative fashion to ensure the seamless integration of front and back-end development and implement visually appealing and highly functional user interfaces.
● Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to implement visually appealing and highly functional user interfaces
● Build responsive, cross-browser compatible web and mobile applications using HTML, CSS, and React
● Write clean, reusable, and well-documented code that adheres to best practices and industry standards
● Conduct testing and debugging of web and mobile applications to ensure optimal performance and usability
● Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in front-end development and bring new ideas and perspectives to the team
● Continuously work to improve front-end processes and practices, and maintain front-end architecture
● At least 3 years of experience
● Strong frontend portfolio
● Experience using React, React Native, and Next.js
● Experience using Expo Go
● Experience using and connecting to Third-party services (i.e., Stripe, Klaviyo,
● Experience working with Docker
● Solid understanding of version control (Git), deployment processes, CI/CD, and pipelines
● Ability to deliver clean, responsive and intuitive UX
● Experience working with either Figma or Adobe XD
● Good communication & collaboration skills, with an ability to get on with our small team
● Familiarity with most of our technology infrastructure (React, React Native,
● Experience working with Strapi
● Experience working with AdonisJS 4
● Experience working with MySQL databases
● Experience with building and maintaining bespoke applications
● Experience working with e-commerce and subscription-based e-commerce platforms
● An interest in the overlap between data and UI - funnels, conversion and analytics
A fair chance
Every role in the Grubby team is open to applications from anyone who believes they meet the essential requirements of the job. We believe in the superpowers and potential of everyone; regardless of race, sex, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, disability, family structure, age, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other difference that makes you, well, you. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, free of discrimination and harassment. We expect all members of staff and stakeholders to uphold these values.
We are committed to our duty to provide reasonable adjustments for anyone with a disability during the recruitment process and beyond. Please let us know if you require any adjustments for any stage of the application process.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £45,000-65,000 per annum subject to experience
● Cycle to work scheme
● Free lunches
● Employee discount
● Private Health Plan
● 25 days holiday
● Flexible remote working
● Company pension
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00-£65,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote