- Perform technical design and implementation of React Native components
- Participate in full software development lifecycle (SDLC), including code reviews, testing, and elevating code through environments on schedule
- Be responsible for troubleshooting issues, root cause analysis, and debugging
- Closely collaborate with the product, design, and engineering squads
- Actively engage in development activities driving new solutions and refining current solutions
- Help solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions
- Proactively contribute to building top quality engineering teams and technology practices
- Experience with mobile engineering or frontend applications
- Knowledge of testing methodologies and/or frameworks
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries and APIs
- Either lead or supported with a project focusing on mobile and/or app
- Ability to work with Agile cross-functional teams as a Lead and/or active team player
- Highly organised with great attention to detail and accuracy
- Hungry to learn new skills whilst developing upon existing ones
- An active team player with a passion for problem solving through data-driven means
- Innovative, creative, and solution-based mindset with the ability to strive for success, own failures and make radical change
- Annual Bonus
- Diverse learning and development opportunities to support you to progress in your career
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays + holiday buying scheme
- Free AA breakdown membership from Day 1 plus 50% discount for family and friends
- Discounts on AA products including car and home insurance
- Employee discount scheme that gives you access to a car salary sacrifice scheme plus great discounts on healthcare, shopping, holidays and more
- Worksave pension scheme with up to 7% employer contribution
- Dedicated Employee Assistance Programme and a 24/7 remote GP service for you and your family
London, England - United Kingdom
Location: London (hybrid working)
Employment Type: Permanent, full time
Additional Benefits: Annual Bonus
Thought The AA only provide roadside assistance? Think again.
For over 100 years, we’ve continued to evolve and adapt. Today, as the nation’s number one motoring organisation, we offer a range of excellent products and services to millions of customers from roadside assistance to home and motor insurance as well as providing the latest driving technologies. As we continue to expand, diversify, and modernise, joining us as a Junior Mobile Engineer, you’ll play a key part to our success and join us on this exciting motoring journey.
This is the job
When you think of The AA, you probably didn’t immediately associate us as a tech business. What you may not know is, our AA Tech is vast, skilled, fast-paced and possesses a wealth of knowledge. We have some exciting plans to evolve our products and service offerings to all current and new customers over the next few years and that is where you come in!
Joining The AA family as a Junior Mobile Developer, you will be a crucial part of our Tech Squad and will support development of new products and services end-to-end for iOS and Android platforms.
You’ll bring vision to life by working closely with the Product Engineering Squad to support the design, development, and implementation of technical requirements for mobile devices to ensure that our apps provide a seamless customer journey, and any issues, glitches, upgrades, and changes are resolved and implemented swiftly.
What will I be doing?
What do I need?
We love tech:
But more about you:
We’re always looking to recognise and reward our employees for the work they do. As a valued member of The AA team, you’ll have access to a range of benefits including:
Plus, so much more!
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone. The AA values diversity and the difference this brings to our culture and our customers. We actively seek people from diverse backgrounds to join us and become part of an inclusive company where you can be yourself, be empowered to be your best and feel like you truly belong. We have five communities to bring together people with shared characteristics and backgrounds and drive positive change.