- Ensures that mothers can buy healthy food for their children through the WIC program
- Helps first responders decrease opioid overdoses in their neighborhoods
- Tracks trends in human trafficking so local law enforcement can identify traffickers and better support victims
- Gives teachers the insights they need to spot students who need extra support
- Helps state tax agencies process returns 99% faster so taxpayers get their refunds right away
- Collaborate in an Agile framework through the entire SDLC to gather requirements, design, build, and deploy web applications that allow for complex user interaction with advanced dynamic content
- Translate business goals into modern and intuitive visual solutions
- Design and develop UI mockups to support business requirements
- Develop compelling visual designs that provide a consistent look and feel across UI
- Develop using Git for source code management and collaboration
- Develop RESTful web services
- Develop in adherence with policies and procedures to ensure the security of the application
- Ensure consistency with established software development architecture
- Research and introduce new technologies and best practices as needed to solve business problems and improve existing solutions
- Support regular maintenance activity to include debugging and updates
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Support the maintenance, expansion, and scale of the product
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field, preferred, or equivalent combination experience of education and experience
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years developing, troubleshooting, debugging and maintaining full-stack web applications in an academic or professional setting
- 2+ years of experience in front-end technologies including HTML5, CSS, and AJAX
- Understanding of the SDLC and familiarity with modern Agile development methodologies
- Ability to articulate coding rationale and problem-solving thought process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated, and innovative
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Experience with Vue and Node.js is strongly preferred
GCOM Software LLC
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
GCOM develops technology that helps state and local governments improve outcomes for the people they serve.
For example, our technology:
We’re more than a technology company -- we’re an outcomes company.
We encourage our employees to think differently, ask tough questions, and relentlessly pursue what’s best for our customers and the residents they serve.
We believe that the value of technology is defined by its human impact. If you agree, you’ve come to the right place.
GCOM is looking for candidates, to fill a role of Software Developer to join our Software Development Team remotely.
Strongly Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions. This includes, but is not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and geographic location. At GCOM, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current annual range is $75,000.00 to $145,000.00.
If you think you are a good fit for us, we encourage you to apply. Check out our career website for all open positions!
GCOM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status or domestic violence victim status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, service in the military, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment and hiring, job assignment/placement, promotion, upgrading, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, rates of pay or other compensation, internship, and training.