Perrysburg, OH - United States of America
Only W2 - No Corp to Corp
Job title: Software Engineer III – MES
Location: Perrysburg, OH (Hybrid Remote)
Basic Job Functions:
Evaluates, designs, and implements projects for controlling and interfacing with the manufacturing processes. This includes designing and developing related data visualization and user input systems, database structures, procedures, and reports. Works with the MES architects and controls engineers to ensure solutions integrate seamlessly with the MES hardware and software systems to support enterprise design goals. Provides execution system technical knowledge and resources to the MES development team. Provides the final level of escalated support for First Solar’s manufacturing execution systems, data architectures, and data collection.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in IT, Engineering, or related field with four years of related external work experience or two years of First Solar software development experience OR
• Bachelor’s degree in IT, Engineering, or related field with six years of of related external work experience or 4 years of First Solar software development experience OR
• Associate’s degree in IT, Engineering, or related field with eight years of related external work experience or six years of First Solar software development experience OR
• Ten + years of related external work experience or eight years of First Solar IT experience.
• 6+ years in either manufacturing systems or on software development teams using Microsoft .NET technologies preferred.
• 2+ years of experience interfacing with manufacturing control systems, shop floor interface/automation systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), or OPC data transfer preferred.
• Demonstrated expertise with manufacturing software architecture and execution systems.
• Proven expertise in designing data structures and using/configuring/querying SQL Server databases.
• Experience interfacing with Allen Bradley Logix PLCs and RSLinx software is preferred.
• Experience with Digital Transformation, Industry 4.0, Vision, AI/ML, Automation is a plus.
• Demonstrated success in integrating manufacturing hardware and 3rd party software systems.
• Experience with Service Fabric is preferred.
• Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) is preferred.
• Experience with Angular and AngularJS is preferred.
• Experience with Azure DevOps, Git, YAML, and deploying via Pipelines is preferred.
• Experience in developing, deploying, and supporting Windows mobile applications is a plus.
• Proven Organizational and Project Managerial skills.
• Proven experience with software development life cycle, Agile teams, change management process, and version control packages.
• Excellent understanding of computer operating systems and software applications.
• Excellent understanding of enterprise data systems.
• Logical troubleshooting skills.
• Proven interpersonal communications, including the ability to drive international projects with multinational team members.
• Global experience providing tier three support in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Essential Functions & Responsibilities: Primary Responsibilities:
• Evaluate, configure, integrate, and deploy execution system software for controlling manufacturing processes and tool data collection.
• Integrate shop floor systems with custom-developed and off-the-shelf solutions.
• Design and develop data visualization and user input systems for manufacturing and related processes.
• Design and develop database structures and procedures to operate and maintain software systems.
• Responsible for post-deployment hypercare and expert-level support on global applications for manufacturing, database, and related systems.
• Develop software and database applications on a variety of platforms.
• Manage outsourced software development work.
• Ensure good QA standards for software development.
• Manage transitions from the developers (solutions group) to the support group.
• Document recurring issues and present possible solutions.
• Interface with other departments and supplier representatives.
• Exercise effective communications levels and foster team building.
• Adhere to all safety procedures and good housekeeping standards.